Yarn: Wollmeise. Um, purple. I've had it a while, a gift from alala.
Needle: US 2
Points: Only 41. I'm supposed to have 42, but I didn't think I'd have enough yarn, and I was right--I only had 4 grams left over after binding off, and you need about 6, the pattern says, for the final point.
This took about three weeks to knit. Those points are a bit addictive! I think the next-to-last one took me about 40 minutes to do. It's a really ingenious construction, beginning at one end, casting on only a few stitches, and then lengthening the rows with increases so that the last bindoff row is actually one short edge of the scarf. Even without the final point, my scarf is a bit longer than the pattern says. I assume my gauge was off a bit, but I didn't think it mattered too much for this project.
This is my third attempt to knit up this yarn. I really love it, but it was stubborn. First I tried to turn it into a pair of Mirry Dancers, but if I remember correctly, there was no resting round in that pattern, and it was impossible for me, given the constant low-level chaos around here. I hope to try it again some day, though, since I really like the pattern. Then I believe this was the yarn I used for Knotty Gloves, until I dropped some stitches cabling and got frustrated with it all (this was when my knitting mojo departed in the early summer, I think). I'm just relieved the yarn finally agreed to be a scarf.