I've been liking the process posts by Maegan at Madeline Bea. I typically enjoy the process of making (current knitting project excluded; please don't ask), but I don't always take photos of each step, of course. Following her lead--and I hope she doesn't mind!--I was mindful to document the process of making my daughter a new skirt Sunday evening and Monday morning. So here is a photo-heavy post, with a few more words at the very end.
The fabric was $1.99/yard in the bargain loft, and I used the simple skirt tutorial from MADE. While the general rule of thumb is to cut skirt lengths parallel to the selvedge, I wanted to keep the big flower panel complete. It's actually just a bit on bottom of the fabric, but once cut to little girl skirt size, it ends up being the majority of the skirt. Since I had the selvedge at the hem, I just folded it under to make things easier for myself. (If I find it's flipping up later and showing the white edge, I may fold it under and sew it once more, to hide it.)
I do have a picture of my daughter modeling the skirt, but she told me I couldn't use it. As soon as my kids are old enough to ask, I do. So that's why the last photo is of the finished skirt on a hanger.
I decided to post daily photos of the phoebe nest--as long as the weather cooperates and until the phoebe begins to sit--over at G+ here. My profile and those posts are public, so you should be able to see them even if you don't have a G+ profile yourself.