Saturday, May 19, 2012

Weekend Links

I've really been enjoying Feeling Stitchy's new series on Portuguese embroidery. I'm one-quarter Portuguese--my paternal grandfather was born in the Azores. But I don't have a sense of Portuguese heritage, like I do with Italian (which comprises my other 75%). I never even heard my grandfather speak the language until right before he died. To learn more about the country and its traditions through a craft that I personally love is making me very happy.

Quinn shares some thoughts about what gets in the way and how we react to it.

My daughter just loves this version of Feist's song.

I like this poem, A Prayer for the Capable, so much that I printed out a copy and taped it to my kitchen wall so I can read it whenever necessary.

Sew Mama Sew's Giveaway Day is May 21--that's this upcoming Monday! I'm not participating this year because hello, I've got enough going on in May for two months, but if you have time to blog hop next week, you might find something wonderful!

4 comments:

Karen Isaacson said...

okay, that poem just made me cry a little bit. and a very thought-provoking piece from Quinn. happy weekend! I'm off to the garden club's annual plant sale. small pleasures on a sunny saturday.

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

Just wanted to let you know, I've given you the sunshine blogger award over on my blog =)

lamina@do a bit said...

Love that Portuguese embroidery... just beautiful!!
Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Bells said...

that portuguese embroidery looks fantastic. Do some! I want to see you do it!